My 101 in 1001


One of the things that got me started on this blog was my inability to achieve a goal I had. Well, that goal was part of my "101 in 1001". More about this movement here.

Here's my list of 101 things I'm aiming to to in 1001 days (list is still in progress):

Start date: Saturday, October 10, 2009
End date: Saturday, July 7, 2012
 

New (and old) Skills
learn how to play a Grade 9 song on the piano again
learn proper Italian (not dialect) somewhat proficiently
make a beaded necklace someone would actually wear
learn how to use a sewing machine
learn how to fix my heels on my own
learn to play Italian cards well  (2 games at least)
make a mosaic (stone, floor or wall)
learn how to take care of fig trees
keep 2 plants alive for a year
learn how to use the provincial archives

Fun & Games
learn to play tennis
learn to play pool really well
try curling
play a live game of poker

Health & Wellness
be able to touch my toes without bending my knees
swim the length of a pool
buy a little black dress and feel hot in it
fix my posture - back straight!
fit into size 6 jeans
try yoga - again, even if just once
wear a bikini and feel hot
floss every other day for a month (make it a real habit)
get a personal trainer for 6 weeks in progress

Adventure
go whitewater rafting
go ziplining
attend a burlesque show
go on a random 2-day road trip
go horseback riding again
sail on an old-fashioned boat
A-Z travel challenge: visit 26 places starting with A...
go to a dance class
see Grand Bend

Professional
go to at least 3 networking events
apply for a job at [private]
write an ebook about [private]
update or recreate my TerraVoce site
organize my freelancing invoices
submit at least 10 works of fiction for publication
find 2 new places to freelance to
get an article published in [private]
go to a writing conference
write a non-fiction book proposal for [private]
create a list of places to freelance to
write a block of articles for [private] (10x3)

Professional-related
write everyday for 100 days
do NANOWRIMO
finish my certificate in creative writing
start a blog and keep it for a year
start a Flickr account for my best photos
find a pen I love for writing
learn how to read out loud (toastmasters?)

Help others
bike 75k in a charity bike ride
donate blood
do another Online Volunteer project with the UN
support 3 people on Kiva
do a 5k or 10k walk for charity

Food
make a cookbook of mom's best recipes
make peaches (the pastry)
try grits (where can you buy those?)
make cake balls (where do I get red velvet cake mix?)
make shortbread (at least 2 different kinds)
try 3 cuisines I haven't had before

Financial
buy a property
create and follow a budget for at least 3 months
learn about the stock market and how it works

Property
start to fix up a heritage home
throw a birthday party for a house
go to an old home conference
document the fixing of the heritage home (blog or ebook?)

Housingkeeping
read any book on my shelf that I have not read
make a list of all the books I want to read
return everything I have that I have borrowed
spend on hour a week responding and catching up with friends online
get a new haircut
clean out my e-mail accounts and in progress

get rid of clothes that don't fit me
research and get a new cellphone plan

Family
take 101 pictures of me and my family and love them
throw a bridal shower for my sister
throw a bachlorette party for my sister
institute a kris kringle for the family
design invitations for my sister

Misc
do the complaint free world exercise for 1 month
take photos in a photo booth
watch the sunrise and sunset on the same day
create a dummy e-mail and enter all the contests I can find in 6 months
watch 2 fellini films (figure out why he is so great)
buy a SLR camera (or at least one that is better than what I have)
read 2 biographies

Personal
[private]
[private]

91 items

 
How To Italian. Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul Tested by Blogger Templates.